Monday, December 8, 2008

Ready or not, here it comes!

christmas is music to their ears!


it wasn't his breath - I checked.


sugar buzz, anyone?


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I've vowed to get ahead of the game this year, so the days leading up to Christmas feel less like Christmas-cram (as I've named it in previous years while morphing into scrooge) and more like a celebration. I'll let you know how that works out. But so far, we've done most of our holiday cards, baked cookies, put up the outdoor decorations, put up the tree, and done most of our shopping. It's party time! So now we can look forward to the kids' school parties I'm helping with, a reunion with former co-worker friends, high school friends' christmas party, caroling, block ladies' white elephant, .... well you get the idea. I'm looking forward to all the hugs and good cheer.

The boys have been enjoying every activity so far, showing me that there is Zen in The Art of Christmas prep. I looked past the cookie dough that splattered on the walls and floor as the boys put a good three hours into our cookie making, and just as much gusto into decorating, licking, and eating. After a warm bath to get all the sugar out of his hair, Kola said, "I'm as fresh as a cupcake!" Kola helped me carry the tree into the house, while Ethan gave directions and held the door. The boys did a great job at the holiday photo shoot - and thanks to our good friend and talented photographer Werner for his keen eye and patience to get some great shots sans the blur of boys in constant motion.

A steady stream of holiday crafts, hot chocolate, treats, snowfalls and Christmas prep have all added to the boyz energy level and excitement. But no matter how they tried (even with a present at stake!) they couldn't fake a smile for Santa. I think the photo up top says it best - to say the boys were nervous and wary is an understatement. We have annual photos of santa where Ethan shows his consistency...



luckily, the place where we saw santa had its act together by asking kids to fill in a wish list to bring to santa's lap. When Santa asked what the boyz wanted, Ethan was silent but nodded when his card was read - Kola mumbled "firetruck." They both wanted to know if the next day, their gifts would be under the tree if they were good. Ah the waiting is the hardest part. xo b/s/e/k

1 comment:

Isabella said...

Beth,

You and your lovely family are way ahead of the game.

I can't believe that Ethan has grown so fast and Kola looks like he's at home, that is a blessing.

Thank you for the lovely photo card of your family, you are truly blessed.

I wanted to invite you to our Citicorp EFS luncheon on Thursday, December 18th at noon at Pazzos, 311 S. Wacker. We would love to have you, David, Suzanne and hopefully Donna will join us.

If the luncheon doesn't work for you, i'm open for a pre/post holiday dinner, just let me know what works for your schedule.

Unfortunately, I changed phones and they did not port over my previous phone numbers, so I no longer have your number readily available. Please call or e-mail me when your schedule permits. It looks like your hands are full, most of the time.

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!
Love
Vickie Ivery
viisabella@aol.com
vivery@bai.org
312-683-2394 (wk)
708-772-0524 (cell)